Senior PHP Developer
AncientFaces.com, a fast-growing and profitable web company in Silicon Valley is looking for a Senior PHP Software Developer. This is a full-time position located in San Jose, California.
We're looking for a strong, self-driven PHP developer who can lead complex technical projects and doesn't shy away from learning new or established systems. The job requires a lot of experience with object-oriented patterns in PHP and comfort working with large data sets in relational database systems.
Ideally we would prefer an end-to-end developer who is as comfortable with HTML/JS/JQuery as they are with PHP/SQL, but only strong backend experience is a requirement.
Here are some vitals about our stack:
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- PHP 5.3.6
- Apache 2.2.0
- Kohana PHP Framework 3.1
- Postgres 9.1.3
We put a huge emphasis on developer productivity, and we are constantly investing in improving developer's lives in the office.
- Implement multiple new products and platform initiatives in a LAMP programming environment. There would be an expectation of willingness to learn new technologies, patterns, and systems as-necessary.
- Be self-guided in understanding our current framework, processes, and implementations. Over time, there should be few parts of our application that you're not comfortable diving into and improving.
- 4+ years of professional experience working as a web application developer
- You should feel as comfortable writing in a web scripting language like PHP as you do writing the English language.
- You should be very communicative (to the point of what some would consider overcommunicating) with your team members.
- You should have a pretty strong compulsion to improve upon existing code.