Shirley Gene (Davis) Rucker (1928 - 2005)
Biography & Family History Add details
Shirley Gene (Davis) Rucker (1928 - 2005) was born on ca. September 06, 1928 at Home Birth , Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas. She was born into the Davis family and married into the Rucker family.
She died on ca. September 17, 2005 in Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California at 77 years of age. Her cause of death is listed as: age. Shirley was buried on ca. September 20, 2005 in at sea,.
Shirley Gene (Davis) Rucker's last known residence is at Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California.
This look at Shirley Gene (Davis) Rucker's past is a collaborative effort by AncientFaces users Share any information you have to reach the people who knew her. Some things we would like to know about Shirley's genealogy:
- Who was Shirleys family?
- What did Shirley look like? Add some photos of their life.
Family Tree & Genealogy
Add a partner
Add a child
Add a sibling
You can add or remove people from this genealogy by clicking here.
History of Shirley Gene (Davis) Rucker Add details
- Given name
- Maiden name
- Rucker family history Davis family history
- Caucasian with Euro roots.
- American Citizen
- Last Known Residence
- Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California
at Home Birth ,
Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas
Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California
- Burial / Funeral
- at at sea,
- Cause of death
- Shirley was home educated and then went to Business School to become a secretary when she was 21-22.
- Shirley began her carreer working as a switchboard operator for Goodwill Industry in San Antonio, Texas. She left that job after she married Marvin Edward Rucker in 1955 and became pregnant with Rebecca Elaine Rucker. She worked for 5 years as a free-lance beauty consultant and then returned to work as medical secretary during the rest of her working career. She worked until she was 62 years old.
- Military Service
- Information on this page comes from the following source: the contributions of 1 AncientFaces member
Obituary Add details
My mother died at a very advanced age for anyone born with spina bifida myelomeningocele in 1928. Over her life she had had 21 surgeries. Shirley was an intelligent and beautiful woman. Her desire to lead an independent life was never fully recognized but she did manage right up until the last two weeks of her life to live with minimal help. She had a cleaning woman who came in once every week and a nurse who came to her home to visit her once a month. She worked as a medical secretary and bookkeeper for 29 years. She would have preferred working until the day she died but the braces she wore continually caused pressure sores that finally refused to heal. She learned to drive at the age of 59! This woman was incredably determined to be totally independent. She lived the last 15 years confined to a wheelchair which in turn made her housebound.
Share your memories below with the rest of Shirley's family. We'll notify anyone else who is searching for Shirley of your message.