Biography & Family History Add details
Smith Hart Clark (1817 - 1901) was born on December 11, 1817 at Point Pleasant, Mason Co., W. Va,. He was born into the Clark family.
There are no known marriages or children on record for Smith. Smith died on April 15, 1901 at Mercer Co., Ohio, at 83 years old. He was buried on April 1844 in Mercer Cemetery, Mercer Co., Ohio Plot: Row 7,.
This look at Smith Hart Clark's life was created by AncientFaces members Add what you know to reach the people who know him. Some things we would like to know about Smith's genealogy:
- Who was Smiths family?
- What did Smith look like? Add some photos of their life.
History of Smith Hart Clark Add details
- Given name
- Clark family history
- at Point Pleasant, Mason Co., W. Va,
- at Mercer Co., Ohio,
- Burial / Funeral
- at Mercer Cemetery, Mercer Co., Ohio Plot: Row 7,
- In Virginia and Ohio receiving 15 mo. schooling, 3 of which received after he was 21
- Was a teacher, farmer, teamed for steam saw mill where Celina now stands, Justice of the Peace one term, Deputy Surveyor of Mercer Co., Ohio, and Postmaster 1850-1860
- Military Service
- Oct.1861 enlisted in cause of his country and recruited Company D. Seventy-first Ohio Volunteer Infantry, of which he was elected Captain.
Obituary Add details
We don't have details about the obituary records of Smith. You can add obituary information about Smith Hart Clark by clicking "Add Details".
Share your memories below with the rest of Smith's family. We'll notify anyone else who is searching for Smith of your message.