Smith Hart Clark (1817 - 1901)
Biography & Family History Add details
Smith Hart Clark (1817 - 1901) was born on December 11, 1817 at Point Pleasant, Mason Co., W. Va,. He was born into the Clark family.
He died on April 15, 1901 at Mercer Co., Ohio, at 83 years of age. Smith was buried on April 1844 in Mercer Cemetery, Mercer Co., Ohio Plot: Row 7,.
This look at Smith Hart Clark's history is maintained by the AncientFaces community Add what you know to connect with the people who knew them. Some common things we would like to know about Smith's genealogy:
- Who was Smiths family?
- What did Smith look like? Add some photos of their life.
Family Tree & Genealogy
Smith's family tree can be updated by any AncientFaces member. Simply click the "Add" or "Edit" buttons to make changes.
You can add or remove people from this genealogy by clicking here.
History of Smith Hart Clark Add details
- Given name
- Clark family history
- at Point Pleasant, Mason Co., W. Va,
- at Mercer Co., Ohio,
- Burial / Funeral
- at Mercer Cemetery, Mercer Co., Ohio Plot: Row 7,
- In Virginia and Ohio receiving 15 mo. schooling, 3 of which received after he was 21
- Was a teacher, farmer, teamed for steam saw mill where Celina now stands, Justice of the Peace one term, Deputy Surveyor of Mercer Co., Ohio, and Postmaster 1850-1860
- Military Service
- Oct.1861 enlisted in cause of his country and recruited Company D. Seventy-first Ohio Volunteer Infantry, of which he was elected Captain.
- Information on this page comes from the following source: the contributions of 1 AncientFaces member
Obituary Add details
No one has shared information on the obituary records of Smith. You can add obituary information about Smith Hart Clark by clicking "Add Details".
Post your memories of Smith Hart Clark and share them with the rest of the AncientFaces community, by clicking on the box below. Anyone searching for Smith will be contacted about your post.
Any messages you post will appear below for others to comment on. If you have a story about Smith you'd like to share, consider sharing a story.