Organized in September, 1862, under Colonel George B. Wright, it immediately moved into Kentucky. This Regiment was known as the 4th German Regiment, and was immediately under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Gustavus Tafel. In May, 1864, the 106th marched to Bridgeport, Alabama and continued on garrison duty. During Hood's movement north it operated along the Chattanooga and Nashville Railroad. At Stevenson, Alabama, January to June, 1865. It was finally mustered out June 29, 1865.
in Stevenson, Ohio USA