Shown here is Bread, a member of the Native American Crow Nation, also called Absaroka, who originally inhabited the Wyoming, North Dakota and Montana area. Interesting to note, the name of the tribe in the Siouan language is Apsaalooke, which means "children of the large-beaked bird" and was interpreted by translators as "people of the crow".
in Montana United States of America
Curtis, Edward S., 1868-1952, photographer
- Photographic prints--1900-1910.
- Portrait photographs--1900-1910.
- 1 photographic print.
- H113034 U.S. Copyright Office.
- Title from item.
- Curtis no. 2706-08.
- Forms part of: Edward S. Curtis Collection (Library of Congress).
- Published in: The North American Indian / Edward S. Curtis. [Seattle, Wash.] : Edward S. Curtis, 1907-30, Suppl. v. 4, pl. 121.