Photograph shows a full length portrait of an African American man wearing a fraternal order collar and apron. His collar is embroidered with a three links symbol on the left and stars on each side, he holds a sword in his left hand.
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Photographs, prints, and ephemera from the Gladstone collection.
Golsh, A. C., photographer
- Cabinet photographs--1890-1900.
- Portrait photographs--1890-1900.
- 1 photographic print on cabinet card ; 16.5 x 11 cm.
- Title devised by Library staff.
- Gladstone's inventory code and notes: M152; black man with fraternal order garb.
- "Negro lodge member" inscribed in pencil on the back of the mount.
- "Plaza Photograph Gallery, the imperial [g]allery of Southern California" and text describing its services is printed on the back of the mount.
- Some text on the front of the mount is illegilbe due to staining.
- Purchase; William A. Gladstone; 1995; (DLC/PP-1995:113.320).
- General information about the Gladstone collection is available at, http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.gld