This photo is of an Alaskan Eskimo in a water proof jacket holding a toy kayak that he made for his son taken sometime between 1900 - 1930. I love that this culture's toys prepared their children with life skills.
in Alaska United States of America
Lomen Bros., photographer
- Photographic prints--1890-1940.
- Portrait photographs--1890-1940.
- 1 photographic print.
- Title transcribed from caption accompanying item.
- Forms part of: Frank and Frances Carpenter collection (Library of Congress).
- Gift; Mrs. W. Chapin Huntington; 1951.