Stone gate to Amaterasu's cave.
Print shows a woman, possibly Countess Kami dancing on an overturned washtub with a group of gods facing her and a large fire behind her; in the background a warrior (Tajikara-o(?)) moves the stone gate to the Ama no iwato cave. The purpose of the dance was to lure Amaterasu out of her heavenly cave so that the sun would again shine on the world.
- 1 print : woodcut, color ; 30.1 x 41.5 cm.
- Title and other descriptive information compiled by Nichibunken-sponsored Edo print specialists in 2005-06.
- Format: full color woodblock print.
- Probably part of a book of images.
- Forms part of: Japanese prints and drawings (Library of Congress).