Chevy Chase Club - Willard Saulsbury Jr
The Chevy Chase Club in Maryland opened in 1892 to provide guests "with recreation and refuge from the stresses of daily life in the environs of the nation's capital". Needless to say, due to the Chevy Chase Club's location, many power politicians and business leaders have visited over the years.
According to the caption provided by the Library of Congress, this image is of Senator Willard Saulsbury Jr., who was known to be an enthusiastic golfer and spent considerable time on the links at the Chevy Chase Club.
Willard Saulsbury Jr (born April 17th, 1861, died February 20th, 1927) was a lawyer and politician from Delaware. Willard Saulsbury served as Senator from 1913 - 1919 with President Woodrow Wilson, and was the son of Senator Willard Saulsbury Sr (June 2nd, 1820 - April 6th, 1892). ... show more
- Title from unverified data provided by the National Photo Company on the negatives or negative sleeves.
- Caption from caption list: Former Senator Willard Saulsbury is an enthusiastic golfer and spends considerable time on the links at the Chevy Chase Club.
- Date from caption list.
- Gift; Herbert A. French; 1947.
- This glass negative might show streaks and other blemishes resulting from a natural deterioration in the original coatings.
- Temp. note: Batch one.
- National Photo Company Collection
- Saulsbury, Willard,--1861-1927.
- Chevy Chase Club (Chevy Chase, Md.).
- United States--Maryland--Chevy Chase
- Glass negatives.