Chief Justice Hughes returns home. Washington, D.C.,...
Chief Justice Hughes returns home. Washington, D.C., Sept. 21. Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes returned hurriedly to Washington today from a three month vacation in New Hampshire and Quebec. His first task [will] be presiding over the participating in the annual [...] of senior circuit court Judges, it is rumored that [...] might confer with Associate Justices on whether [...] tribunal should take any steps to bar Justice[...] taking his seat on the high bench. He is shown [...] at his Washington residence on "R" St., 9/21/37
1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Caption partially obscured.
- Gift; Harris & Ewing, Inc. 1955.
- General information about the Harris & Ewing Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.hec
- Temp. note: Batch six.
- Harris & Ewing Collection
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.).
- Glass negatives.
Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress)
Harris & Ewing, photographer
- Album: All photos