Colorado Dust Storm, c1936
The after effects of a dust storm in Colorado circa 1936, during the Dust Bowl era. The photo shows a building (barn?) covered with dust. The exact location wasn't specified by the photographer (nor was the actual photographer) but this photo was collected by the Farm Security Administration. What a lot of dust!
- Actual size of negative is D (approximately 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches).
- File print misnumbered LC-USF344-001616-ZB; corrected 1998.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- Negative has no corresponding print in a lot.
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States--Colorado.
- Miscellaneous--Copy negatives
- Nitrate negatives.
- Album: All photos