Commander C.R.P. Rogers U.S.N. 1920
In front of the house of Commander C.R.P. Rogers U.S.N. are a group of well known people, riding to the hounds. Of course, this being the U.S. in the 1920's, they are actually not chasing a fox, they are chasing paper. But among the "prominent" citizens picture are (in the foreground)future President Franklin D. Roosevelt (before he was paralyzed) and Mrs J.Borden Harriman
- Title from unverified data provided by the National Photo Company on the negatives or negative sleeves.
- Caption from caption list: Washington society has taken enthusiasticly to horseback riding and the parks of the Capitol City lend themselves admirably to this sport. Photo shows the "Hounds" in a recent paper chase held from the residence of Commander C.R.P. Rogers U.S.N. Prominent in the foreground is Franklin D. Roosevelt, Mrs J.Borden Harriman and others prominent in Washington Society.
- Date from caption list.
- Gift; Herbert A. French; 1947.
- This glass negative might show streaks and other blemishes resulting from a natural deterioration in the original coatings.
- Temp. note: Batch one.
- National Photo Company Collection
- Horseback riding.
- Upper class.
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.)
- Glass negatives.
- Album: All photos