In front of the house of Commander C.R.P. Rogers U.S.N. are a group of well known people, riding to the hounds. Of course, this being the U.S. in the 1920's, they are actually not chasing a fox, they are chasing paper. But among the "prominent" citizens picture are (in the foreground)future President Franklin D. Roosevelt (before he was paralyzed) and Mrs J.Borden Harriman
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's National Photo Company Collection (Library of Congress).
in Washington D.C., District of Collumbia USA
- Glass negatives.
- 1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Title from unverified data provided by the National Photo Company on the negatives or negative sleeves.
- Caption from caption list: Washington society has taken enthusiasticly to horseback riding and the parks of the Capitol City lend themselves admirably to this sport. Photo shows the "Hounds" in a recent paper chase held from the residence of Commander C.R.P. Rogers U.S.N. Prominent in the foreground is Franklin D. Roosevelt, Mrs J.Borden Harriman and others prominent in Washington Society.
- Date from caption list.
- Gift; Herbert A. French; 1947.
- This glass negative might show streaks and other blemishes resulting from a natural deterioration in the original coatings.
- Temp. note: Batch one.