Dalhart Texas Farm, 1938 Dust Bowl
A farm in Dalhart Texas in 1938. The farm was affected by the Dust Bowl but remained occupied, at least in 1938. Others in the same area were abandoned. The owners were hardy people to remain on that land!
The photo was taken by Dorothea Lange for the Farm Security Administration.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 0547 (Location of corresponding print).
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 27, frame 1613.
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States--Texas--Dallam County--Dalhart.
- Farms, buildings, operations--Texas
- Nitrate negatives.
- Album: Dust Bowl