Depression refugee family from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Arrived...
Depression refugee family from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Arrived in California June 1936. Mother and three half-grown children; no father. "Anybody as wants to work can get by. But if a person loses their faith in the soil like so many of them back there in Oklahoma, then there ain't no hope for them. We're making it all right here, all but for the schooling, 'cause that boy of mine, he wants to go to the University"
1 negative : nitrate ; 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 0344 (Location of corresponding print).
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States--California.
- Nitrate negatives.
Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection
Lange, Dorothea, photographer
- Album: Dust Bowl