Diploma of the Philadelphia Society for Promoting...
Diploma of the Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture, awarded to [blank] at the annual exhibition held at Powelton, Philada. Sept. 1860 / Schmolze 1860 ; J. Queen ; P.S. Duval & Son. Lith. Philada.
1 print : lithograph with tint stone ; 48.3 x 60.6 cm (sheet)
Print shows two young men leading an ox team pulling a wagon loaded with hay on which a woman and children are riding; also shows farm animals and two female figures possibly representing Demeter, the goddess of the harvest.
- Title from item.
- Stamped in lower left: From the file of James F. Queen artist, 1824-1889.
- Purchase; Marian Carson; 1997; (DLC/PP-1997:105).
- Forms part of: Marian S. Carson collection at the Library of Congress.
- Miscellaneous Items in High Demand
Schmolze, Carl Heinrich, 1823-1861 , artist
- Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture.
- Fraternal organizations--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--1860.
- Farm life--1860.
- Ox teams--1860.
- Demeter (Greek deity)
Queen, James Fuller, 1820 or 21-1886, artist
- Album: Fraternal Organizations