Print shows two young men leading an ox team pulling a wagon loaded with hay on which a woman and children are riding; also shows farm animals and two female figures possibly representing Demeter, the goddess of the harvest.
Queen, James Fuller, 1820 or 21-1886, artist
- Proofs before letters--1860.
- 1 print : lithograph with tint stone ; 48.8 x 60.3 cm (sheet)
Schmolze, Carl Heinrich, 1823-1861 , artist
- Title from item.
- Inscribed in lower center from Stephen Duval to James Queen: "Dear Jim - This is the best proof I have taken - you had better keep it. Steve.
- Stamped in lower left: From the file of James F. Queen artist, 1824-1889.
- Purchase; Marian Carson; 1997; (DLC/PP-1997:105).
- Forms part of: Marian S. Carson collection at the Library of Congress.