Dock Street Theatre, Charleston, Charleston County, South...
Dock Street Theatre, Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina ... show more
- Alternate title: Planter's Hotel.
- Title from photographer's inventory.
- Building/structure dates: 1736.
- First planned theater in America. Shortly after 1800 it became a ruin and the Planter's Hotel was built around the remains.
- Corresponding reference print in LOT 11840-10B.
- Forms part of: Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South (Library of Congress).
- Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South
- United States--South Carolina--Charleston County--Charleston.
- Seals (Insignia).
- Seating furniture.
- Stages (Platforms).
- Stages (Props).
- Theater curtains.
- Safety film negatives.