Dock Street Theatre, Charleston, Charleston County, South...
Dock Street Theatre, Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina Photograph shows the theater on the left and St. Philip's Church in the center. ... show more
- Alternate title: Planter's Hotel.
- Title from photographer's inventory.
- Building/structure dates: 1736.
- First planned theater in America. Shortly after 1800 it became a ruin and the Planter's Hotel was built around the remains.
- Corresponding reference print in LOT 11840-10B.
- Forms part of: Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South (Library of Congress).
- Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South
- United States--South Carolina--Charleston County--Charleston.
- Cities & towns.
- Safety film negatives.