Dust Bowl, Florida 1939
The beginning of a dust storm in northern Florida in March of 1939 - the era of the Dust Bowl. This photo shows what it was like when a dust storm started. Visibility was diminished greatly. The photo was taken by Marion Post Wolcott as a part of a project for the Farm Security Administration to document the Dust Bowl.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 5, frame 1876.
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States--Florida.
- Cities, towns, roadsides--Florida
- Safety film negatives.
- Album: Dust Bowl