An unidentified female Dust Bowl refugee from Chickasaw, Oklahoma. This photo was taken in the Imperial Valley, California in March of 1937 by Dorothea Lange, who took a collection of photos all over the United States in order to document the times (the Dust Bowl and the Depression in general) for the Farm Security Administration.
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection.
at Imperial Valley, California United States of America
Lange, Dorothea, photographer
- Nitrate negatives.
- 1 negative : nitrate ; 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 2302 (Location of corresponding print).
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 27, frame 912.