Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Highsmith, Carol M., 1946- Carol M. Highsmith Archive..
Highsmith, Carol M., 1946-, photographer
- Digital photographs--Color--2000-2010.
- 1 photograph : digital, TIFF file, color.
- House of Tomorrow AKA Elvis Presley Honeymoon hideaway. Built in 1962 the house was designed in four perfect circles, on three sperate levels, incorporating glass and peanut brittle stonework to allow indoor-outdoor living. Nestled at the base of the San Jacinto mountains, the honeymoon suite offers a panoramic view. In September 1962, Look Magazine featured the estate as a centerfold and called it "The House of Tomorrow" in an article entitled "The Way Out Way of Life." The house is also famous for being leased by Elvis Presley he and Priscilla honeymooned there in 1967.
- Title, date, and subjects provided by the photographer.
- Credit line: Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- Gift and purchase; Carol M. Highsmith; 2009; (DLC/PP-2010:031).
- Forms part of: Carol M. Highsmith's America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.