Engine Company No. 24, Rock Creek Church Rd. near...
Engine Company No. 24, Rock Creek Church Rd. near intersection with Georgia Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. ... show more
- Built in 1911, Engine Company No. 24 is an excellent example of early twentieth century suburban firehouse design in Washington, D.C. Designed in the Italian Renaissance style by architect Luther Leisenring and Charles Gregg, the firehouse became an established landmark in the local neighborhood of Petworth.
- Title, date, subject note, and keywords provided by the photographer.
- Credit line: The George F. Landegger Collection of District of Columbia Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- Gift; George F. Landegger; 2010; (DLC/PP-2010:176).
- Forms part of the George F. Landegger Collection of District of Columbia Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.
- Highsmith (Carol M.) Archive
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.)
- American architecture.
- Fire station.
- Digital photographs--Color--2000-2010.