Firehouse Station No. 4. Washington, D.C. Firemen pull a large hose from the truck and the truck proceeds to the area nearer to the fire. One man stays with the hose and is responsible for attaching it to the nearest fire hydrant. He is called the layout man
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress).
Parks, Gordon, 1912-2006, photographer
- Safety film negatives.
- 1 negative : safety ; 4 x 5 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from general caption card for nos. 13823-13846 and caption sheet entry.
- LOT 0270 (Location of corresponding print.)
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 5, frame 1431.