Food Line in the Depression
Inflation: Almost too recent and painful to recall - the dark days in America's 1930 Depression. Men this side of the sign are assured of a five-cent meal - the rest must wait for generous passersby.
- Actual size of negative is C (approximately 4 x 5 inches).
- Annotation on negative.
- Caption card lists some of the printing history of image.
- Image source: Brown Brothers.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 1905 (Location of corresponding print.)
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 33, frame 1135.
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States.
- Nitrate negatives.