General planning. This photograph is included in the series as a vivid document on the impingement of Twentieth Century technology upon the neglected and backward rural scene. The meter on the wall of the rural shack indicates that it now receives its share of electricity from the power carried overland by the huge TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) transmission line. TVA program must resolve the conflict between between modern and ancient ways of life so that individuals, similar to those which are shown in the picture, will be benefited
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress).
- Safety film negatives.
- 1 negative : safety ; 4 x 5 inches or smaller.
- Original Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) number: KX 290.
- Title and other information from caption sheet entry.
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi