Illustration shows George Washington carrying a small, potted cherry tree, turning to flee after reading notices posted on the "United States Bulletin Board", some of which state, "Delicatessen Trust to be Investigated Next Week, Investigation of the Steel Trust Daily Until Further Notice, Investigation of Everything & Anybody, [and] Corned Beef Trust to be [In]vestigated Pretty Soo[n]", also to be investigated are "Child Labor, White Slave, Campaign Fund, [and] Peanut Trust".
Glackens, L. M. (Louis M.), 1866-1933, artist
- Cartoons (Commentary)--1910-1920.
- Magazine covers--1910-1920.
- Offset photomechanical prints--Color--1910-1920.
- Periodical illustrations--1910-1920.
- 1 photomechanical print : offset, color.
- Title from item.
- Caption: George Washington This is no place for a man who couldn't tell a lie!
- Illus. in: Puck, v. 73, no. 1877 (1913 February 19), cover.
- Copyright 1913 by Keppler & Schwarzmann.