Illustration shows Uncle Sam sitting on a throne, reading a "Petition of the Railroads for Permission to Raise Rates" while diminutive representatives of railroad companies stand before him; the ghost of Cornelius Vanderbilt, aghast, appears behind Uncle Sam with a notice that states "The Public Be Damned! Vanderbilt".
Keppler, Udo J., 1872-1956, artist
- Cartoons (Commentary)--1910-1920.
- Offset photomechanical prints--Color--1910-1920.
- Periodical illustrations--1910-1920.
- 1 photomechanical print : offset, color.
- Title from item.
- Caption: Ghost of Former Magnate I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes! Asking premission!! Asking!!!
- Illus. in: Puck, v. 75, no. 1931 (1914 March 7), centerfold.
- Copyright 1914 by Keppler & Schwarzmann.