Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Chadbourne collection of Japanese prints (Library of Congress).
- 1 print on hōsho paper : woodcut, color ; 33.5 x 23.2 cm. (block), 36 x 25.2 cm. (sheet)
- Title devised by Library staff.
- Extensive, unidentified Japanese writing on backing sheet of paper. Annotation written in pencil on mount: James Watt 1736-1819. Typescript caption on mount: James Watt, inventor of the steam engine, collects steam from a boiling kettle while his aunt rebukes him for his nonsense.
- Annotations, stamps, etc. on verso of print: 186; 47623a (white label); 42; LC2585.
- Yokohama : prints from nineteenth-century Japan / Ann Yonemura. Washington, D.C. : Arthur M. Sackler Gallery : Smithsonian Institution Press, c1990, no. 73 (p. 171)
- Earlier control number: 236.3-34.
- Gift; Mrs. E. Crane Chadbourne; 1930; (DLC/PP-1930:47623a).
- Forms part of: Chadbourne collection of Japanese prints (Library of Congress).