John Ballard James, Father of Ida James
Ancestors of John Ballard James
Generation No. 1
1. John Ballard James1, born 22 Mar 1848 in Missiouri; died 23 Dec 1927 in Oklahoma1. He was the son of 2. John Watson James and 3. Byrah Skidmore. He married (1) Margarett Buie. He married (2) Jane Baise1. He married (3) Mary Adaline Bryant1. He married (4) Margaret Buie1. He married (5) Mary Jane Browning1 18751. She was born Bet. 1854 - 1855 in Missouri1, and died 1880 in Oklahoma1. She was the daughter of Mackey Browning and Nancy Ann Carrico.
Generation No. 2
2. John Watson James1, born 22 Mar 1818 in Kentucky1; died 12 Sep 1882 in Dawt, Ozark, Missouri1. He was the son of 4. Joseph J. James and 5. Luzima Williamson. He married 3. Byrah Skidmore 1836 in Owen, Indiana.
3. Byrah Skidmore, born 01 Jan 1820 in Indiana; died 1852 in Missouri. She was the daughter of 6. Joseph Skidmore and 7. Mary Barker.
More About John Watson James:
Occupation: Minister, Christian Church, Rockbridge, Ozark, Missouri
Children of John James and Byrah Skidmore are:
i. James James, born 1838 in Indiana; married (1) Bernetta Russell; married (2) Ellen King.
ii. Bennet James, born 1840 in Ozark, Missouri; died 1861; married Nancy M. James; born Bet. 1840 - 1845.
iii. Louisa E. James, born 1843; married Joseph William Browning; born 1830 in Tennessee2,3; died 1883 in Texas3.
Notes for Joseph William Browning:
[Mildred Ellender Yancey Gedcom.FTW]
More About Joseph William Browning:
iv. Mary Ellen James, born 1846 in Ozark, Missouri; died 1920 in Ozark, Missouri; married Charles T. Kirkland 01 Feb 1866; born 1847 in Tennessee; died 1875 in Ozark, Missouri.
1 v. John Ballard James, born 22 Mar 1848 in Missiouri; died 23 Dec 1927 in Oklahoma; married (1) Margarett Buie; married (2) Jane Baise; married (3) Mary Adaline Bryant; married (4) Margaret Buie; married (5) Mary Jane Browning 1875.
vi. Elijah C. James, born 1849 in Ozark, Missouri; married Bethany Pearcy; born 25 Mar 1854; died 10 Feb 1877.
vii. William Joseph (Skidmore) James, born 1853 in Ozark, Missouri.
Generation No. 3
4. Joseph J. James5, born 04 Jul 1776 in North Carolina5; died 1840 in Missouri5. He was the son of 8. Joseph Rogers James and 9. Unknown. He married 5. Luzima Williamson.
5. Luzima Williamson5, born 18005; died 18405.
Children of Joseph James and Luzima Williamson are:
i. Bennett James5
ii. Susan James5
2 iii. John Watson James, born 22 Mar 1818 in Kentucky; died 12 Sep 1882 in Dawt, Ozark, Missouri; married (1) Byrah Skidmore 1836 in Owen, Indiana; married (2) Gemima (Jemima) Tennesee Browning 1853 in Missouri; married (3) Gemima (Jemima) Browning 1853 in Missouri.
iv. Nancy Williamson James, born Abt. 1820.
v. Nancy Wiliamson James5, born Abt. 18205
6. Joseph Skidmore, born 1775; died 1852. He was the son of 12. Henry Skidmore and 13. Susannah Blakemore. He married 7. Mary Barker.
7. Mary Barker, born 1845.
Child of Joseph Skidmore and Mary Barker is:
3 i. Byrah Skidmore, born 01 Jan 1820 in Indiana; died 1852 in Missouri; married John Watson James 1836 in Owen, Indiana.
Generation No. 4
8. Joseph Rogers James5, born 1756 in Bedford, Virginia5; died 1838 in Green, Indiana5. He was the son of William James and Margaret Clark. He married 9. Unknown.
Child of Joseph James and Unknown is:
4 i. Joseph J. James, born 04 Jul 1776 in North Carolina; died 1840 in Missouri; married (1) Luzima Williamson; married (2) Elizabeth Ballard.
Child of Joseph Rogers James is:
12. Henry Skidmore, born 1750; died 1820. He was the son of Henry Skidmore and Elizabeth Porter. He married 13. Susannah Blakemore.
13. Susannah Blakemore, born 1770; died 1840. She was the daughter of Joseph Blakemore and Ann Sanders.
Child of Henry Skidmore and Susannah Blakemore is:
6 i. Joseph Skidmore, born 1775; died 1852; married Mary Barker. ... show more