Last survivor of Greely Arctic Expedition honored on 80th...
Last survivor of Greely Arctic Expedition honored on 80th birthday. Washington, D.C., Dec. 21. Brig. Gen. David L. Brainard, U.S.A. Retired, was singally honored today on the occasion of his 80th birthday. At a ceremony at the Army and Navy Club the famous explorer was presented with a scroll making him the first honorary member of the American Polar Society. Mrs. Marie Ahnighito Peary Stafford, daughter of the late Robert E. Peary, is shown making the presentation while Russel J. Walreth, Vice President of the American Polar Society, looks on
1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Title from unverified data on the negative or negative sleeve.
- Gift; Harris & Ewing, Inc. 1955.
- General information about the Harris & Ewing Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.hec
- Temp. note: Batch four.
- Harris & Ewing Collection
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.)
- Glass negatives.
Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress)
Harris & Ewing, photographer
- Album: Explorers