Little - Wounded Knee Massacre
This is believed to be an image of "Little", a Sioux Lakota Native American who was supposedly involved in the Wounded Knee Massacre.
The Wounded Knee Massacre occurred on December 29th, 1890 near Wounded Knee Creek on the Lakota Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Accounts vary, but essentially the U.S. 7th Cavalry, led by Major Samuel M. Whitside, slaughtered Spotted Elk's band of Lakota Sioux Native Americans (estimated 150 men, women and children).
- Copyright deposit.
- Title transcribed from item.
- Forms part of the John C. H. Grabill Collection.
- Grabill Collection
- Bows (Weapons)--1890.
- Indians of North America--Clothing & dress--South Dakota--1890-1900.
- Oglala Indians--Clothing & dress--1890-1900.
- Photographic prints--1890-1900.
- Portrait photographs--1890-1900.
- Album: All photos