Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Highsmith, Carol M., 1946- Carol M. Highsmith Archive..
Highsmith, Carol M., 1946-, photographer
- Digital photographs--Color--2000-2010.
- 1 photograph : digital, TIFF file, color.
- Mardi Gras began in Mobile, Alabama, in 1703, when it was a colony of French soldiers. Today, colorful beads and Moon Pies (two large cookies with marshmellow in between and covered with various flavors of chocolate) are thrown from the floats.
- Title, date, subject note, and keywords provided by the photographer.
- Credit line: The George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- Gift ; George F. Landegger ; 2010; (DLC/PP-2010:090).
- Forms part of the George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.