[Nashville, Tenn. Hospital for Federal officers (Literary...
[Nashville, Tenn. Hospital for Federal officers (Literary Department, University of Nashville; later Lindsley Hall, Peabody Normal College)]
1 negative (2 plates) : glass, stereograph, wet collodion.
Photograph of the War in the West. These photographs are of Hood before Nashville. Continuing his policy of the offensive at any cost, Gen. John B. Hood brought his reduced army before the defenses of Nashville, where it was overthrown by Gen. George H. Thomas on December 15-16, in the most complete victory of the war. If the date borne on this photograph is correct, it was taken in the course of the battle.
- Civil War photographs, 1861-1865 / compiled by Hirst D. Milhollen and Donald H. Mugridge, Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 1977. No. 0722
- Title from Milhollen and Mugridge.
- Two plates form left (LC-B811-2634A) and right (LC-B811-2634B) halves of a stereograph pair.
- Corresponding print is in LOT 4165-F.
- Forms part of Selected Civil War photographs, 1861-1865 (Library of Congress)
- Civil War Glass Negatives and Related Prints
- Civil War
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Medical aspects.
- Universities & colleges.
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864.
- United States--Tennessee--Nashville.
- Wet collodion negatives.
Selected Civil War photographs, 1861-1865 (Library of Congress)
Barnard, George N., 1819-1902, photographer
- Album: Authors & Journalists