Negro cotton hoers are taken from the Delta cotton towns...
Negro cotton hoers are taken from the Delta cotton towns to the cotton fields. Most of them are displaced sharecroppers swept off the plantations by tractor farming, depression, crop reduction program, etc. Greenville, Mississippi
1 negative : nitrate ; 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 27, frame 1306.
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States--Mississippi--Washington County--Greenville.
- Nitrate negatives.
Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection
Lange, Dorothea, photographer
- Album: Great Depression