New Britain, Connecticut. A child care center, opened September 15, 1942, for thirty children, age two to five, of mothers engaged in war industry. The hours are 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. six days per week. For daily indoor play the children have dolls, blocks and climbing apparatus; they do clay work, painting, coloring, music and rhythmic exercise, and listening to stories
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress).
Parks, Gordon, 1912-2006, photographer
- Safety film negatives.
- 1 negative : safety ; 4 x 5 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 0753 (Location of corresponding print.)
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 18, frame 667.