Print shows two travelers, a woman standing next to a large trunk, possibly pondering an offer made by the other traveler or porter who is sitting next to the trunk, holding a small box in raised left hand; large building, possibly a castle or temple, is in the background on the left.
Katsushika, Hokusai, 1760-1849, artist
- 1 print : woodcut, color ; 11.4 x 16.6 cm.
- Title and other descriptive information compiled by Nichibunken-sponsored Edo print specialists in 2005-2006.
- From the series: Tōkaidō Road.
- Format: horizontal Yatsugiri-ban Nishikie.
- Later impression of Tōkaidō series with Kyoka poetry.
- Forms part of: Japanese prints and drawings (Library of Congress).