Old Voting Machines
This photo shows a local politician in Woodstock Vermont voting about a liquor proposal in the 1940's.
Before there were fancy voting machines people used ballots and a piece of paper - tallying votes was not much fun!
Interesting to note, the first use of paper ballots during an election is believed to have occurred in Rome 139 BCE. ... show more
- Title and other information from caption card.
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 6, frame 793.
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States--Vermont--Windsor County--Woodstock.
- Safety film negatives.