President organizes $4,000,000,000 pump priming campaign....
President organizes $4,000,000,000 pump priming campaign. Washington, D.C., April 11. President Roosevelt met with his Relief and Congressional Aides today to the personal command of a new administration fight to check business recession with a $4,000,000,000 pump priming campaign. The president subordinated all other White House business to efforts to hammer his lending and spending program into shape as a major New Deal offensive against recession and unemployment, left to right: Director of the Budget Daniel Bell, Sen. James F. Byrnes, SC. Sen. Carter Glass of Va., Majority Leader of the House Sen. Sam Rayburn of Tex., Sen Kenneth McKeller of Tenn., Sec. of Treasury Henry Morenthau, and in the rear, Rep. Edward Johnson, of Colo., April 11, 1938
1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Title from unverified caption data received with the Harris & Ewing Collection.
- Gift; Harris & Ewing, Inc. 1955.
- General information about the Harris & Ewing Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.hec
- Temp. note: Batch five.
- Harris & Ewing Collection
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.).
- Glass negatives.
Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress)
Harris & Ewing, photographer
- Album: All photos