Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Johnston, Frances Benjamin, 1864-1952. Portraits.
Johnston, Frances Benjamin, 1864-1952, photographer
- Photographic prints--1900-1910.
- Portrait photographs--1900-1910.
- 1 photographic print.
- H19124 U.S. Copyright Office.
- Title and other information transcribed from caption card and item.
- Frances Benjamin Johnston Collection (Library of Congress).
- No. 41637. No. 1.
- Formerly in LOT 4273.
- Caption card tracings: BI (2); African Americans And Whites; Pres. Index (Family); Shelf.
Darillyn Starr I love this and other pictures I've seen that were taken at the same time, of these two little pals! Children are aware of differences in skin color, but they don't realize that it makes any difference to anyone. I'm sure that both of these boys benefited from having had this relationship, throughout their lives. Unfortunately, Quentin's life wasn't long, as he was shot down by a German pilot, at age 20, while serving in WWI. Roswell, thankfully, live to be 84!
Dec 04, 2012 · Reply