Sioux Indian in feather headdress
This striking Native American photo is of Plenty Holes. Plenty Holes (makes me wonder how in the world he got this name) was a member of the Sioux tribe.
This portrait of Plenty Holes shows him in his full feather headdress and bone breast piece. Interesting note, Native Americans actually wore feathers in their hair/headdress to keep the sun out of their eyes. ... show more
- 4317 U.S. Copyright Office
- Photo by Heyn and Matzen.
- No. 488.
- Miscellaneous Items in High Demand
- Plenty Holes, Eddie.
- Indians of North America--Clothing & dress--1900.
- Dakota Indians--Clothing & dress--1900.
- Photographic prints--1900.
- Portrait photographs--1900.