Illustration shows vignettes of animals and clowns performing at the circus: seals smoking, playing guitar, tambourine, drums and a hurdy gurdy, a pig dressed as a woman wheeling a piglet in a baby carriage, a dog turning a somersault, and a duck dancing a polka with a clown.
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Cabinet of American illustration (Library of Congress).
Church, Frederick S. (Frederick Stuart), 1842-1924, artist
- Periodical illustrations.
- 1 drawing : pen and ink over graphite underdrawing ; sheet 31.7 x 42.5 cm.
- Title devised by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Cabinet of American illustration (Library of Congress).
- Published in: "Some wonderful animals at the circus," Harper's young people, 9:473 (May 8, 1888).