Texas Dust storm, 1939
Taken in Lubbock, Texas United States of America in .
A dust storm in Lubbock Texas during the era of the Dust Bowl - May of 1939. This photo was taken by Russell Lee for the Farm Security Administration, which paid many photographers to document this era and its effects.
1 negative : safety ; 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 23, frame 182.
- Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives
- United States--Texas--Lubbock County--Lubbock.
- Small towns--Texas
- Safety film negatives.
Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress)
Lee, Russell, 1903-1986, photographer
- Album: Dust Bowl