Illustration shows a theatrical production with at center William Jennings Bryan in the role of Lohengrin, Knight of the Swan, who has just arrived to the delight of "Miss Democracy", standing on the left, in the role of Elsa in Richard Wagner's opera Lohengrin, and to the chagrin of Perry Belmont and Thomas F. Ryan, standing on the right, who are playing the roles of Friedrich of Telramund and his wife Ortrud. James K. Jones plays the role of the King, seated on a throne on the left beneath a shield labeled "Jefferson". There is a large supporting cast on each side; the footlights of the stage are in the foreground.
Hassmann, Carl, 1869-1933, artist
- Cartoons (Commentary)--1900-1910.
- Offset photomechanical prints--Color--1900-1910.
- Periodical illustrations--1900-1910.
- 1 photomechanical print : offset, color.
Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883. Lohengrin.
- Title from item.
- Illus. in: Puck, v. 60, no. 1537 (1906 August 15), centerfold.
- Copyright 1906 by Keppler & Schwarzmann.