The return home
The return home Illustration showing Columbia asking a returning soldier about her "Wayward Sister" on the road back to "U.S.," as a distant figure representing the Confederacy approaches. ... show more
- Illus. in: Harper's weekly, v. 9, no. 438 (1865 May 20), p. 320.
- Title from item.
- Columbia: Tell me, Soldier, did you not pass a Wayward Sister of mine on the road? Returning Soldier: I did. I fetched her a good part of the way myself; but she says she don't require my services any more now; and here she comes over the hill.
- Civil War
- Miscellaneous Items in High Demand
- Columbia (Symbolic character)--1860-1870.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Peace.
- Editorial cartoons--1860-1870.
- Periodical illustrations--1860-1870.
- Wood engravings--1860-1870.