Tombstone of James Preston and Marlena Jane Johnson
They are buried in the Ellis Chapel Cemetery, Edgewood, Van Zandt County, TX.
James Preston Johnson and Marlena Jane Goins came to Van Zandt Co., Texas from New Tazwell, Claiborne Co., Tn the year of 1900, leaving the mountains of Tennessee for the hills of east Texas. They were the parents of twelve children. All the children with the exception of William and Mary Alice came with them to Texas. They settled in the Rainey Chapel Community. In 1905, Mr. Johnson bought land in the Board Community and opened a grocery store on what is now called the Board Road. They lived to see all their children married. Two sons, Isaac Johnson and Garfield Johnson became land owners in the community and raised their families.
- Album: All photos