Treasury, Internal Rev. Chemist G.F. Beyer
Treasury, Internal Rev. Chemist G.F. Beyer ... show more
- Title from unverified data provided by the National Photo Company on the negatives or negative sleeves.
- Date from caption list.
- Caption from caption list: Chemist G. G. Beyer, of the Internal Revenue Bureau, making the fuse oil test for coloring matter in a half pint bottle of a bootleggars ware. With the addition of fusel [i.e., fuse] oil the matter used to give whiskey color separates from the other ingredients.
- Gift; Herbert A. French; 1947.
- This glass negative might show streaks and other blemishes resulting from a natural deterioration in the original coatings.
- Temp. note: Batch one.
- National Photo Company Collection
- Glass negatives.