Union Station, Montgomery, Alabama
Union Station, Montgomery, Alabama ... show more
- Union Station, also known as Montgomery Union Station or Montgomery Union Station and Trainshed, in Montgomery, Alabama, was built by the Louisville and Nashville Railroad and opened in 1898. Erected of brick and limestone on a high bluff along the Alabama River, the station also served passenger trains of Atlantic Coast Line, Western Railway of Alabama, Seaboard Air Line, Central of Georgia, and Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad.
- Title, date, subject note, and keywords provided by the photographer.
- Credit line: The George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- Gift ; George F. Landegger ; 2010; (DLC/PP-2010:090).
- Forms part of the George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.
- Highsmith (Carol M.) Archive
- United States--Alabama--Montgomery.
- Montgomery Union Station.
- Digital photographs--Color--2000-2010.