U.S.S. Vermont - 1800's warship
On April 29th, 1816 Congress authorized the development of the USS Vermont warship. While development of the warship began in 1818 and was completed in 1825, the USS Vermont did not launch until September 15th 1848 and was not commissioned until the outbreak of the Civil War in April 1861.
This photo of the USS Vermont was taken at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in 1898. ... show more
- Jacket title: U.S.S. Vermont, Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- Date based on negative D4-21039.
- "1" on negative.
- Detroit Publishing Co. no. 021027.
- Gift; State Historical Society of Colorado; 1949.
- Detroit Publishing Company
- Vermont (Receiving ship)
- Brooklyn Navy Yard (New York, N.Y.)
- Government vessels--American.
- Naval yards & naval stations.
- United States--New York (State)--New York.
- Dry plate negatives.