Illustration shows two men in a make-shift laboratory, about to operate on a live rabbit; a group of concerned citizens has entered on the left, attempting to stop the operation; the spirits of many past victims of illnesses are on the right imploring the men to continue with their research for the sake of humanity.
Crawford, Will, 1869-1944, artist
- Cartoons (Commentary)--1910-1920.
- Offset photomechanical prints--Color--1910-1920.
- Periodical illustrations--1910-1920.
- 1 photomechanical print : offset, color.
- Title from item.
- Caption: The Sentimentalists For mercy's sake, stop! / The Sufferers For humanity's sake, go on!
- Illus. in: Puck, v. 69, no. 1773 (1911 February 22), centerfold.
- Copyright 1911 by Keppler & Schwarzmann.