- Family History & Genealogy
- family photos, ancestor biographies, and history created by you and the AncientFaces community.
Latest - photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the - community on AncientFaces.
- Surname History
Add to this page! This history of the - last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. We do not have content for the following sections:
- - family history
- - country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- - last name meaning & etymology
- - spelling & pronunciation
Click here to edit this page.
- Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on - country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the - country of origin. The following is speculative information about -. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of - is often complicated to determine because countries change over time, leaving the original nationality indeterminate. The original ethnicity of - may be in dispute depending on whether the surname came in to being naturally and independently in different locales; for example, in the case of last names that come from professions, which can come into being in multiple regions independently (such as the last name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers).
- Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on - meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of -. The following is speculative information about -. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of - come may come from a trade, such as the name "Bishop" which may have been taken by church officials. Some of these craft-based surnames might be a profession in another language. For this reason it is important to understand the nationality of a name, and the languages spoken by its family members. Many names like - are inspired by religious texts such as the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, the Quran, and other related texts. Often these surnames relate to a religious expression such as "Lamb of God".
- Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on - spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of -. The following is speculative information about -. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In times when literacy was uncommon, names such as - were transliterated based on their pronunciation when people's names were recorded in official records. This could have given rise misspellings of -. Surnames like - change in spelling and pronunciation as they travel across tribes, family unions, and languages over the years. Knowing misspellings and spelling variations of the - family name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name.
Last names similar to ---, ---, ----, ---------, ----------, ------------, ', '', ", 0, 0228, 0ajor, 0an, 0bullington, 0chsner, 0connell, 0griffin, 0lavarria, 0lson, 0'neill
- Family Tree
Here are a few of the - biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more -s
- Israel Aryeh Leib Gur Ari [lubavitcher Brother] / ישראל אריה גור-ארי 1904 - 1952
- Meshalum Zalman Mirels Neumark [of Altona] משולם זלמן מירלס-נוימרק 1623 - 1706
- Genendel Fraenkel-Mirels-neumark גננדל פרנקל-מירלס-נוימרק, גננדל פרנקל-מירלס-נוימרק 1624 - ?
- Pearl Fraenkel-Teomim / פרל Leib פרנקל-תאומים 1666 - 1722
- Rabbi Arye Leib Frankel-Teomim [of Krozow] אריה לייב פרנקל-תאומים 1700 - 1773
- Rabbi Yosef Frankel Teomim רבי יוסף חיים פרנקל-תאומים 1727 - 1782
- Moshe Treves Ashkenazi משה טרבס-אשכנזי 1150 - 1230
- Rabbi Aaron Frankel Mirles אהרון פרנקל-מירלס 1598 - 1649
- Benjamin Fraenkel-Mirels-neumark בנימין וולף פרנקל-מירלס-נוימרק 1620 - 1691
- Meshilem Auerbach-Twersky משולם יצחק זיסיה אברבוך-טברסקי 1813 - 1882